Our most important job when beginning this project is finding out about local land, especially the landowners. If you haven’t seen it yet, read our page with information for landowners.
If you are along or close to the proposed route, it would be a huge help to tell us about your property by following the steps below.
If you aren’t comfortable using Google Maps, you can phone Chris at BF Internet in Sandside on 015395 64580 during office hours, or find his email address at the bottom of this page.
- View the draft route map, CLICK HERE. The link will open in a new window.
- Click “Sign in”. Please register if you don’t have a Google account, it will take you less than a minute. If you already have a Google account just input your e-mail and password.
- Click “My Places”
- Click “Create map”
- Click “Create a new map”
- Click the words “Untitled map” to give your map a name relating to your property.
- Please include a description with your name, address, telephone number & email address. If you don’t do this it makes it difficult to work out who you are.
- Now you can mark the boundaries of your land with the “Draw a shape” tool (1). You can use the “marker tool” (2) to highlight areas that you think will be difficult to dig or cross , or areas that you would like us to keep away from.
- After each drawing click “Save”. You can add comments and photos too if you like.
- Now you need to share your map. Please click “Share”
- In the box at the bottom, send it to Chris at B4YS. Enter this email address “email@example.com” (1) and click “Share & save” (2)
And that’s it, done! Thanks for helping the B4YS project. We might not be in touch immediately, but once we’re ready to plan the route further we’ll be contacting landowners again by phone or email.